2013 Callaway Junior World Golf Championships Qualifying Series
The players that qualify for Callaway Junior World Golf Championships do so by earning points through our two seperate Callaway Junior World qualifying series. Beginning in spring, players will have four tournaments in which they can earn points towards the allocated slots listed below. In June there is another 4-tournament series with the same number of slots available for each division. Once a player qualifies for Junior World, they cannot take the points of other players still attempting to qualify, however they may continue to play in the tournaments and earn points toward Player of the Year standings. There is also a list of players that earned exemptions by winning their respective divisions last year which you can view by following the link below.
All players attempting to qualify for Junior World must do so in the same age division as they would play in during Junior World. Playing in an age division that does not correspond to your age at the start of Junior World will result in a forfeiture of points earned during those tournaments. Example: If your son/daughter is 10 years-old but will turn 11 before the start of Junior World, he/she must qualify in the 11-12 age division.
Junior World Points (POY consideration only)
The following points will be awarded to members finishing in the top 10 of the Callaway Junior World Golf Championships:
1st - 350, 2nd - 300, 3rd - 250, 4th - 200, 5th - 150, 6th - 125, 7th - 100, 8th - 75, 9th - 50, 10th - 25
These points will be added to the players total points for the year for Player of the Year consideration.
Note: Exemptions are based on the cumulative points earned in each series. SDJGA offers exemptions for the spots listed below for BOTH the SJWQ and JWQ Series.
- Boys Champ: 4 residents, 1 open, 1 non-resident
- Girls Champ: 2 residents, 1 open, 1 non-resident
- Boys 13-14: 4 residents, 1 open, 1 non-resident
- Girls 13-14: 2 residents, 1 open, 1 non-resident
- Boys 11-12: 4 residents, 1 open, 1 non-resident
- Girls 11-12: 2 residents, 1 open, 1 non-resident
- Boys 9-10: 4 residents, 1 open, 1 non-resident
- Girls 9-10: 2 residents, 1 open, 1 non-resident
- Boys 8-U: 2 residents, 1 open, 1 non-resident
- Girls 8-U: 1 resident, 1 open, 1 non-resident
* Open spots awarded to the next best player regardless of residency
- Contact SDJGA
2851 Camino Del Rio S.
San Diego, CA 92108